Join a remote and distributed team of senior Drupal engineers and digital specialists to help deliver an enterprise-grade Drupal platform that’s resilient, secure, fast and scalable.
Strong backend Drupal capability is essential, and frontend ability (to contribute to design system templates that represent HCD-validated, great user experiences) is highly desired.
As a senior member of our team, it’s essential you’re comfortable pushing the boundaries, respectfully challenging, and being respectfully challenged.
Remote working, flexible hours, an open ethos, and an authentic values-based culture and purpose are further benefits we offer.
While we love, appreciate and embrace diversity, a requirement of this position is that the successful candidate must be an Australian citizen, as specified by our government client.
First and foremost we are an authentic bunch of great humans driven by purpose, by values and by people.
We are a digital innovation company with a strong presence in Australian government focusing on GovTech, CivicTech and Open Data.
With an 18-year legacy in open source, born out of Victoria, Australia, we have recently become a fully remote and distributed team made up of digital engineers and specialists from across the globe.
Our authentic purpose (our vision) is what drives us: to help governments become more open, more connected and more consolidated. To realise this vision we partner with governments across Australia to help them digitally transform, better engage with citizens, and open up to co-create and co-innovate with industry.
We’re pleased to have delivered, and continue delivering, many large-scale, whole-of-government Drupal CMS and CKAN open data platforms across multiple jurisdictions throughout Australia. We’re also pleased to be the official service delivery partner for GovCMS on behalf of the Australian Federal Government, and Single Digital Presence and Data.Vic on behalf of the Victorian Government.
- Mutual Respect
- Personal Growth
- Commercial Outcomes
- Fresh Thinking
- Software design
- Development and project delivery
- Documentation and quality control
- Process compliance and security
Skills (must have)
- Strong understanding of Drupal data structures
- Ability to create custom modules
- Ability to identify potential community-provided solutions
- 3+ years of experience in Drupal development
- 5+ years of experience in a PHP developer role
- Software engineering (or similar) qualified
- Development of large-scale digital Drupal projects
- API integrations
- Mobile and responsive site development
- Experience with templating systems (Twig)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to a coding styling guide
- A passion for technology and an ability to proactively research, learn and problem solve
- Experience with Git version control
Skills (nice to have)
- Experience with writing semantic HTML with a focus on accessibility
- Experience with the Drupal render pipeline and best practice implementations
- Experience with application of design systems
- Experience contributing to (building) design systems
- Experience with Drupal configuration management processes
- Experience with the GovCMS platform
- Experience with the Single Digital Presence platform
- Experience with agile methods of project delivery
- Experience with other PHP-based frameworks
- Attractive salary package
- Work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for career development
- Be supported by a group of diverse, fun, passionate and genuinely good people
- A flat and transparent organisational culture where you get answers, FAST!
- Refer-a-friend Employee Benefits Scheme
- Opportunity to earn an annual bonus
Want to know more?
You may like to:
For more information or contact Angela Rako (human resources) on 03 9910 4839. You can also apply online using the form below.