Salsa Support Engineers offer technical expertise for large Salsa programs of work or to Salsa support clients who have procured support blocks or retainers. Support Engineers work with the Salsa support team to deliver assigned support tasks to client service level agreements (SLAs).
Support Engineer responsibilities
As a Salsa Support Engineer duties include:
Support development and delivery
- Monitoring support ticket assignments response SLAs
- Support responses via ticket system
- Support responses via technical fixes and testing of fixes
- Support development utilising best practice and adhering to Salsa development processes
- Communicates with support team when deadlines are at risk of not being met
- Internal documentation of authored program code
Documentation and quality control
- Documentation of common solutions to repeated support patterns
- Authoring of documentation needed by users and implementation partners
- Testing, including defining/supporting acceptance testing and gathering feedback from pre-release testers
- Compile support task estimates
- Represent estimate vs actual at Salsa sunset review process
Process compliance and security
- Compliance with company processes
- Correct use of approved tools for support development
- Compliance with time-recording processes
- Strict conformance to Salsa security processes and tools
- Development for large-scale website Drupal projects
- Input into process improvements and innovation
- 3+ years of experience in Drupal (backend development)
- 5+ years of experience in a PHP Developer role
- Solid background in complex, large-scale web development landscapes
- Software engineering (or similar) qualified
- Experience with GIT version control
- Reasonable Linux administration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for technology and ability to proactively research, learn and problem solve
Salsa Support Engineers
Salsa Digital is a Melbourne-based agency with a 16+ year legacy in open source. Currently Salsa is made up of approximately 25-30 Salsarians.
Salsa has become a key contributor to helping governments become more open, more consolidated and more connected.
Salsa is entrusted by the Australian Government (Department of Finance) as the exclusive delivery partner for the next generation GovCMS platform. Salsa has also been entrusted by the Victorian Government as the implementation partner for the Single Digital Presence platform.
On behalf of the Victorian Government, Salsa also manages the open data platform (data.vic.gov.au) designed, built and hosted on CKAN (open source data management system).
Salsa is a values-driven agency with a strong open source and transparent ethos.
Salsa is recognised as an open source digital platform leader in government at state and federal level. Salsa has earnt this reputation through delivery of high profile programs of work and also via the production of thought-leading content.
All Salsa Digital employees may expect the following benefits:
Work with others that genuinely want to deliver great work
Be part of a company with a genuine open, transparent and accountable ethos
Become part of an environment where you can contribute and respectfully challenge areas that could be improved, and be well received
Be part of a company with a strong and focused vision to build a more open government
Be part of a company with a strong culture of pushing the boundaries further
Flexible remote/on-site working arrangements
Work with a team of professionals in a flat organisational culture
Attend professional conferences and events that support and improve your insights and thus knowledge to produce great work