An open government and open revolution aficionado, Alfred drives the Salsa business and our overarching purpose to help governments become more open, more connected and more consolidated.
In addition to driving the strategic direction of the company, Alfred deals extensively with our customers, building strong and genuine partnerships with our clients and delivery partners.
- Enthusiastic advocate for the open revolution - open source, open data, open platforms and open design
- Strong focus on strategy and solving clients’ challenges
- Over 20 years’ experience in the IT industry, working as a developer and technical architect
Alfred’s international IT consultancy experience covers 20+ years across a range of industries, seeing projects through the entire lifecycle. His early background reflects his engineering DNA, with a focus on technical architecture, technical design, technical development and technical leadership. A silent partner in Salsa from the beginning (2003) he became active and started working at Salsa in 2011. Before that, Alfred had the pleasure of working as a Senior Software Engineer and Technical Architect across several high-profile enterprise IT projects throughout the globe including Silicon Valley and Europe.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Honours (RMIT)
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Computer Systems and Computer Science, Honours (RMIT)
- Australian Government Baseline security clearance (granted 16-Dec-2019)
2019: Key driver to position first open source data portal (CKAN) hosting on an open source platform for data.vic
2008: Architect leading Europe’s first virtualisation of Oracle’s Siebel CRM, migrating from HP Superdomes (bare metal costing €4.3M p/a) to HP Blades costing only €700K p/a
2002: 1st place at the Australian Kung Fu Championships