Based in Melbourne, Greg is one of Salsa’s Drupal backend developers and also works on GovCMS application support (and occasionally Salsa’s helpdesk).
As a Level 2 GovCMS application support engineer, he is in charge of responding to tickets that require more in-depth troubleshooting to resolve. Greg also conducts many of Salsa’s GovCMS and Drupal training sessions, running our content management course.
- Backdrop CMS developer (also a member of the )
- Focusing on the end-user (non-coder) first
- Reviewing and improving UX/UI
- Finding bugs (the digital kind)
- Fixing bugs
- Delivering Drupal/GovCMS training
- Writing documentation
- Super power: does not require sleep much
Greg is a mostly self-taught computer geek. Prior to joining Salsa, he worked as a freelance computer and network engineer, including owning his own IT services company in Greece, before relocating to Australia. He’s been a member of the Drupal community since 2009; joined the community since the announcement of the project in 2015; and became a member of its in 2016.
His involvement with Drupal started back in 2007, when he started to build the website for his own IT company. That brought him to the Drupal community, which brought him to Backdrop, which brought him to DrupalSouth 2016, which brought him to Con, which brought him to Salsa!
- Diploma in IT and Multimedia
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma in IT
Hobbies and fun facts
- Backdrop CMS enthusiast — responsible for raising 25% of the issues in the Backdrop CMS project queue (~1,100 issues in six years), and has also fixed many of them
- Board games
- 4x space-themed strategy games