Based in Mexico (at the moment!) Mark works on Salsa projects as both a frontend and backend developer.
Mark is a ‘full stack’ developer, which means he’s experienced in both frontend development (using code to translate visual designs into webpage layouts) and backend development (using various languages and programs across database and infrastructure).
Mark has a broad knowledge of lots of different computer languages and is always keen to add to that list. He’s especially interested in the open source space.
Mark has over 15 years’ experience as a full stack developer, including specialising in integration and automation from, and to, third-party systems. He’s also led the migration of monolithic web services to new JSON restful Web API microservices. Before joining Salsa, Mark worked at Integrated Technology Partners, ASB Bank and the University of Queensland.
- Bachelor of Science, Applied Computing Programme
- Apple Certified Support Technician
- Mark has lived in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Hawaii, Bali and Mexico (where he’s currently living and working from remotely)
- First computer was a Commodore 64
- He’s surfed at over half of the World Surf League event locations