Based in Melbourne, Phillipa is our content champion and resident editor of Salsa’s Digital Transformation in Government series. She also works as a Salsa project manager, guiding projects through from discovery to go-live.
Phillipa writes most of the content for the Salsa website, including blogs and case studies. She also works on client websites, focusing on writing content that follows website best practice and meets the DTA’s Content Guide and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
As a project manager, Phillipa uses her exceptional organisational skills to guide projects through the project lifecycle. She works with Salsa business analysts during discovery, and works with the dev team to deliver high-quality projects.
- Content strategy
- Project management
Phillipa has over 25 years’ experience as a corporate writer and editor, with a specialisation in online writing. She’s written blogs, website content, brochures, articles for corporate magazines, video scripts, training scripts, and multimedia displays. Phillipa also has extensive experience as a trainer, running courses in online writing, corporate writing, general ‘good’ writing, and creative writing. Previous corporate roles include BHP Billiton, Momentum Technologies Group, CALC Multimedia, Genesys Financial Services and Summit Master Trust. She’s also a published crime fiction author, with her Sophie Anderson series published in 14 countries.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Creative Writing)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Writing
- RMIT Public Relations Writing
- Bachelor of Behavioural Sciences
- Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
Hobbies and fun facts
- Going to the gym
- Typing loudly (not on purpose, but because she learnt touch-typing on this thing called a typewriter)
- Perpetually in the car, driving her kids from one place to the next