Based in New Zealand, Stuart’s focus is on the overall technical direction of Salsa and our tech team.
Stuart helps to direct the forward-thinking and technically interesting opportunities that arise for Salsa. He also helps to drive standardisation in-house, increase efficiencies, act as a mentor for staff, expand the technologies we’re using, and makes sure all Salsa team members are up to date with cutting-edge technology so they can choose the best possible solution to the problem. Stuart’s also the technical architect and lead developer behind Merlin, an automated migration tool.
- Technical direction
- Technical leadership
- Web frameworks and platforms (Drupal, Wordpress, Laravel, Symfony, Magento)
- Mobile app development and publishing
- Game development (Unity, Unreal Engine)
Stuart has 20 years’ experience across a multitude of web technologies, frameworks, tools and libraries. As well as being the founder and director of multiple tech companies during his career, he also worked full time as a senior technical architect at Acquia, and was also full time for nine years at the University of Queensland as a senior systems programmer. He’s a highly experienced full-stack developer and tech team leader.
- Bachelor of Computer and Mathematical Science
- Spending time with his kids
- Running businesses (Stuart’s run his own businesses since high school)