Salsa Senior DevOps Engineers are key pillars in delivering value for clients. The ideal person for this role will have the technical expertise, be hands-on, love new tech, be a great communicator, and have energy and vision to be a key part of Salsa delivering value to clients.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is expected to interface with three groups - the Salsa Digital project team, Salsa client teams such as the GovCMS and SDP programme stakeholders, and Salsa Executive management.
Salsa is based in Melbourne, so working in AEST is of benefit but not a requirement. We hire based on talent over physical location.
This role is ideally targeted for a full-time, permanent candidate. Contract terms can be negotiated however.
- Researching technical solution options to meet new integration and automation requirements. Documenting and presenting such options to different stakeholders.
- Analysing the technical requirements of platform changes or technical issues, and breaking them down into manageable units in the form of groomed agile stories/tickets
- Collaborating with other technical stakeholders to determine optimal technical solution pathways and producing appropriate documentation
- Building and releasing better technical solutions which assist users and stakeholders
- Being a go-to person for technical stakeholders to help explain technical approaches and general knowledge-share for DevOps technologies
- Represent Salsa’s strong open ethos and brand to establish new trusted relationships and nurture existing ones.
The following general behaviours and experience are required:
- 5+ years experience as Technical Lead/Architect or DevOps
- Very strong working knowledge of digital web technologies including application, devops, hosting and containerisation technologies (Kubernetes)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to speak authoritatively on complex technical matters
- Exceptional communication with customer and internal managers – listening and providing answers
- Ability to build good working relationships with all program stakeholders
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Ability to be adapt and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Significant experience working on projects/programs using agile methodologies
A critical mass (at least 75% coverage) of the following specific technical skills are required:
- CI (gitlab, circle, jenkins)
- AWX, Ansible
- ELK stack
- AWS technologies (S3, EC2, RDS, Elasticache, SES, etc)
- Shell scripting (bash/sh/etc)
- Other scripting languages (php/python/lua/go/java)
- Web-serving architectures (nginx/apache/varnish)
- CDN technologies (akamai, cloudflare, cloudfront, etc)
- Docker (docker-compose, image management)
- Kubernetes cluster management (Openshift, Lagoon, etc)
The following specific skills would be well regarded:
- Knowledge of popular PHP frameworks highly desirable (Drupal Wordpress, Symfony, Laravel)
- Working knowledge of Azure / Google cloud
What's in it for you?
- Work with others that want to genuinely deliver great work
- Be part of a company with a genuine open, transparent and accountable ethos
- Become part of an environment where you can contribute and respectfully challenge areas that could be improved... and be well received.
- Be part of a company with a strong and focused vision to build a more open government
- Be part of a company with a strong culture of pushing the boundaries further
- Flexible remote/on-site working arrangements
If this role excites you and would like to explore further apply below or call Paul Morriss (Director) on 03 9910 4038.